Starwood Hotels and Resorts is one of the world’s largest hotel groups focused on luxury brands. Each of the chains, including Sheraton, Westin, Le Méridien, W Hotels and St Regis, has its own unique personality. HTML5 allows Starwood to use a single technology to deliver a similar brand experience across, but tailored to each platform, whether the customer is accessing the site via PC, tablet, smartphone or feature phone.
In this interview Stephen Gates, senior creative director, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, answers the following questions:
0:33 What proportion of your customers are using mobile to engage with you today?
1:14 Why is mobile such a useful way for customers to connect with hotels?
1:55 What sort of mobile services are customers demanding today?
2:40 What mobile services will they require in the future?
2:40 How will mobile Web/HTML5 enable hotel groups to do this even better?
3:50 Does HTML5 make it more or less important to distinguish between PC and mobile Web users?
There are ten video interviews in the North America mobile experts series:
• What should brands develop first – mobile Web or mobile app? Chet Fenster, MEC Entertainment
• Fostering shopper loyalty with mobile retail – Matt Martin, Sam’s Club
• Your customers are mobile, are you? Mike Yonker, Rockfish
• The dos and don’ts of mobile marketing to minority groups – Professor Neal Burns, University of Texas
• How device detection helps Smart AdServer target ads at mobile devices – Sandrine Cardi, Smart AdServer
• Weather Channel’s guide to targeted mobile advertising – Scott Jensen, Weather Channel
• What marketers need to know about mobile in China – Jia Zheng, AKQA
• Using mobile to tap into millions of concert-goers – Russell Wallach, Live Nation Network
• Insights into mobile advertising from a mobile ad exchange – John Phenix, Nexage
For the European perspective see the European mobile experts series
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security.
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders' guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote and paraphrase mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole piece without permission will not be tolerated.