Posted by ruadhan - 09 May 2008
This forum is for discussing Location Based Services and related topics - think GPS, assisted GPS. Think location-aware applications and services such as FireEagle and OpenCellID. Think location APIs, such as JSR179. Essentially, anything location!
Posted by ruadhan - 09 May 2008
Use this forum to discuss Content Management for mobile. Topics to include mobile friendly content management systems, and authoring tools, site builders, and other mobile authoring and publishing tools.
- Mobile Design - Posted by ronan - 08 Mar 2007
- I am proud to announce we recently posted the dotMobi Mobile Web Developer's Guide on mobiForge. This is quite a comprehensive guide to mobile web development. It layers on the advice from the W3C's Mobile Web Initiative Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 document, but takes it further.
- Devices - Posted by ronan - 31 Dec 2014
- I recently spent a week in China talking about DeviceAtlas and goMobi to various resellers and government officials. On these kinds of business trips, it’s always interesting to see what kind of mobile devices are in use. My travels were confined to Beijing but is nonetheless worth noting observations from there.
- iPhone - Posted by weimenglee - 02 Dec 2014
- As an addendum to our previous article about the role of Swift in iOS app development, we now take a look at how Swift and Objective-C can be used together in iOS apps. Despite Apple’s intention to replace the Objective-C language using Swift, it is not practical in the short term simply due to the fact that developers are deeply entrenched in Objective-C. Rather than force Swift down the developer’s throat, Apple has made it easy to allow Objective-C to interoperate with Swift.
- Pictograms - Posted by ruadhan - UPDATED 13 Nov 2014
- You've probably seen them. Your mom probably uses them to sign off her texts, and your teenage cousin has likely abandoned the Roman alphabet altogether in their favour. Emoji are everywhere, and love them or loathe them, they can't be ignored.
- Android - Posted by mclancy - 30 Jul 2014
- New figures from industry analyst IDC show huge growth from Chinese handset manufacturers. According to IDC's report, better build quality and cheaper price points will hasten the decline of the feature phone market and usher in a global era of smartphone ownership.
- Interviews - Posted by mobiThinking - 18 Jul 2014
- McDonald’s is the world’s largest fast-food restaurant chain and one of the biggest advertisers on the planet with global and local campaigns spanning all imaginable media channels. Its digital and mobile campaigns often win acclaim (see this round-up of digital/mobile excellence here from Econsultancy). It has numerous mobile sites e.g.
- White Papers - Posted by mobiThinking - 23 Jun 2014
- • Part 1: Grand Prix and Gold winners – descriptions and video case studies from Cannes Mobile Lions and mobile winners in other categories (13 video case studies). • Part 2: Mobile Lions winners and shortlist by category (this page) – including video case studies from Silver and Bronze Lions winners, both Mobile Lions and other categories (21 video case studies).
- Case Studies - Posted by mobiThinking - 20 Jun 2014
- Awards: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity Founded: 1954; Mobile Lions launched 2012. Deadline for entries: March. Entry fee (for Mobile Lions): €399 (US $528.65) for international entries €478.80 (US $634.37) for UK entries. Number of entries: 1,061. Winners announced: June. Prize: (much coveted) Lion trophy.