This past week, dotMobi released a new, free product: the WordPress Mobile Pack — a plug-in for WordPress users to automatically generate a mobile version of their WordPress site.
Approximately 2 percent of all Web sites are run on WordPress. There have been more than 4.5 million downloads of the software in the last six months alone. As you can see, the need for a WordPress mobile solution is a big one.
What does the WordPress Mobile Pack contain?:
- Mobile switcher to detect mobile visitors and provide an appropriate experience
- Base mobile theme for quick-and-easy XHTML-Mobile Profile compliance
- Extended mobile themes so you can unleash your mobile creativity
- Integration with the award-wining DeviceAtlas(TM) for world-class mobile adaptation
- Mobile administration panel for when posts can’t wait
- Mobile ad widget to make you some money
- Barcode widget to help users bookmark your blog
If you run a WordPress site, you’ll likely find this pack worthwhile. Critics think so, too.
Full information on the WordPress Mobile Pack is on mobiForge.com.