In order to help web developers who are already familiar with authoring for the PC-internet adapt their skills to mobile, mTLD provides a short online course that help explains the different techniques that are required for creating a mobile site. This course is completely free of charge and streamed directly to your browser.
The course covers the following:
- The mandatory dotMobi rules
- XHTML Mobile Profile
- Validating your code
- Testing using desktop browsers
- MIME types
- Use of mobile emulators
- DotMobi site templates
- Useful tools for mobile development
- Getting your site indexed by Google
- World Wide Web Mobile Web Initiative best practices
If you have completed the training, you may be interested in becoming dotMobi-certified. You can find out more about our certification programme here.
Click on the image below to launch the course in your browser!
- dotMobi Web Developer Guide http://mobiforge.com/node/201
- W3C Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0 www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-bp-20060627/
- Switch On! Web Developer Guide http://pc.mtld.mobi/mobilenet/dotmobi_guides.html
- xHTML Basic 1.1 www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic
- MobileOK Basic 1.0 www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Level 1 www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1