US marketers are expected to spend more on mobile advertising in 2012 than those in Japan, according to predictions by eMarketer. In 2012, the big spenders in mobile advertising are expected to US, Japan, UK, South Korea and Germany.
Most astonishing forecast is that that by 2016 US marketers are expected to spend more on mobile ads than all of Asia Pacific or Western Europe put together.
Estimates include both mobile display and mobile search – unfortunately these are not split out.
|Mobile advertising spend by region (US$ millions)|
|Middle East & Africa||1.8||3.1||13.8|
|Top countries by mobile advertising spend (US$ millions)|
|Source: eMarketer (July 2012)||via: mobiThinking|
• Cannes Mobile Lions winners 2012 – winners with videos and case studies
• Mission possible: how mobile helps companies deliver strategic objectives
• Role of mobile in publishing – friend or foe? Interview with Judith Curr, Atria Books
• Safaricom M-PESA – building a mobile business centered on essential services
• China: 1 billion mobile subscribers; 400 million mobile Web users; world’s top smartphone market
• What you can learn from the FT Web app: interview with Steve Pinches
• Guide to mobile ad networks 2012 • with 5 new ad networks •
• Most popular content on mobiThinking in 2011
• Mobile events 2012: best conferences, great discounts and free tickets
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats