Spotlight on mobile is a fun stats-filled introduction to the world’s second largest (and fastest growing) mobile market from Praekelt Foundation.
If you find mobile in Africa as fascinating as mobiThinking does, then you should read our newly-published in depth-guide to the Kenyan mobile market written by iHub Research’s Leo Mutuku. Mobile subscriptions in Kenya outnumber fixed lines 107:1 and mobile Internet subscriptions make up 99 percent of Kenya’s Internet connections, but the most remarkable thing about Kenya is that two-thirds of the 29 million mobile subscribers in Kenya use mobile money services, such as the world-famous M-PESA.
• The insider’s guide to mobile Web and marketing in Kenya 2012
Over the next few months we hope to bring you similar in-depth guides to the other top mobile markets in Africa.
• Shouldn’t mobile sites be as accessible as PC sites?
• A Day in the life of a US mobile commerce user: stats on who, what, when, where of m-commerce
• Mobile ad expenditure expected to quadruple by 2016
• Confessions of a Cannes Mobile Lions jury member • with tips for awards entrants •
• Guide to mobile agencies • latest profile: The Hyperfactory •
• Cannes Mobile Lions winners 2012 – winners with videos and case studies
• Guide to mobile ad networks 2012 • with 5 new ad networks •
• Mobile events 2012: best conferences, great discounts and free tickets
• Role of mobile in publishing – friend or foe? Interview with Judith Curr, Atria Books
• Safaricom M-PESA – building a mobile business centered on essential services
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats