This is a great opportunity for young/start-up mobile companies to get some free exposure and see how you measure up to your contemporaries. As part of the BLN Making it Mobile Forum (London, November 16, 2012), the finalists will be given the platform to pitch their companies in front of the conference audience and the competition judges (which includes venture capitalists).
The MiM award is open to private mobile businesses with a product or service that helps enterprises engage their customers more effectively. In any sector, from food to fundraising, if your company allows other businesses to improve customer satisfaction or win new clients, then you should enter. Any mobile company can enter as long as they are: a) privately held, and b) have paying customers.
All you have to do is fill out your details and explain in 100 words: “How does your product solve your customer’s problems? What is its commercial potential?”
The frustrating thing about most competitions is that the judging usually takes place behind closed doors, so the only people who get to hear your pitch are the judges. So this is an attractive format, as it gives you the chance to address the whole audience.
Last year’s MiM winner, Blippar, said: “There are lots of awards out there, but if you’re serious about raising profile in front of mobile people who really matter, you should enter the next MiM award.”
If you are one of the short-listed companies, you receive a free pass for the Money in Mobile Forum, as well as a chance to win the MiM Award. The winning company will receive free credits from messaging/VOIP company Twilio (worth around 13,300 inbound call minutes, or 6,600 outbound minutes or 3,300 outbound text messages, depending on destination). What do you have to lose?
The competition judges include execs from: • Competition judges include: Unilever; IQ Capital Partners; Starbucks; Uber; FT.com; NHS Direct; mobiThinking; OgilvyAction; Future Publishing; Fidelity Growth Partners; Heroes of the Mobile Fringe; Tesco.com; The BLN; Telefonica; Accel Partners; Edelman; Twilio; Joule; Wired; MMC Ventures; UBS and Incisive Media. Many of these are also speaking at the event.
• mobiThinking readers can claim a 20 percent discount for the Making it Mobile Forum on November 16, 2012, using the code: “mobiThinking”.
• There are one billion smartphones in use in the world – that’s all folks
• Mobile Web overtakes PC Web in China
• Must-watch video on how mobile is transforming Africa
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • New in-depth country guides to: • Kenya • Brazil •
• Guide to mobile agencies • Latest agency profile: • The Hyperfactory •
• Guide to mobile industry awards • Check out the video case studies: • Smarties (MMA) • Cannes Lions •
• Guide to mobile ad networks 2012 • with 5 new ad networks •
• Mobile events 2012 • best conferences, great discounts and free tickets •
• The big compendium of global mobile stats