• Founded: 2009
• Organized by: DIGIDAY
• Deadline for entries: July.
• Entry fee: N/A.
• Number of entries: N/A.
• Finalists announced: October… but full details are unavailable.
• Winners announced: October, at the Mobi Awards Gala in New York City.
• mobiThinking verdict: The Mobi Awards used to provide an in-depth report on each of the winners and finalists – as good as those provided at Cannes. Sadly today Digiday only provides list of winners, with no links or video case studies, and this was surprisingly hard-to-find on the Website. The URL for the Mobi Awards published in this press release was still unavailable a month after the ceremony. A full list of finalists was also unavailable.
mobiThinking believes all awards should provide details of, and/or a video case study for each winning campaign. Not only do such reports provide excellent publicity for the winners/finalists, and help educate the rest of us to the DNA of an award-winning campaign, but also adds to the authenticity of the competition – i.e. you can judge for yourself if they are worthy winners. As Mobi Awards no longer provides this service, it is difficult to recommend them ahead of rival mobile awards that take their legacy more seriously.
Message to the winners: Congratulations. If you want to see your video case study featured here, please send us a link to a video, case study or other details of your campaign or service to: editor (at) mobiThinking.com.
• Guide to mobile awards • World Summit Mobile Awards • EMMAs • Smarties (MMA Awards) • Global Mobile Awards • Cannes Lions • Meffys • ME Awards •
The 2013 Mobi Awards Winners
Best Mobile/Social Integrated Campaign
Samsung Galaxy Camera: Starcom MediaVest Group with Spreading Jam
Best Location-Based Campaign
Sony Mobile – Xperia “PhotoHopping”: MRY
Best Mobile Branding Campaign
Paranormal Activity 4: MEC and Paramount Pictures with MEC and Joule
Best Mobile Direct Response Campaign
Sony Electronics: UM and Amazon
Best Integrated Mobile/Cross Media Campaign
Britney Spears Fragrances: Elizabeth Arden with PHD
Best iPad/Tablet Advertising Campaign
Avis: Starcom MediaVest Group with Spark and Leo Burnett Business
Best Mobile Creative
The Travel Channel Layover Guide App: The Travel Channel with Rockfish
Best Mobile App for Editorial Content
CC: Standup App: Comedy Central with Roundarch Isobar
Best Mobile App for Branded Content
P5 Dog Training App from Purina Pro Plan: Purina Pro Plan with Zeus Jones, Checkmark, and Drivetrain Agency
Best Mobile App for Ecommerce/Retail
REI & REI Snow Report for iPhone and Android: REI with Deloitte Digital
Best Mobile Website
Gucci Mobile Website: Huge • case study
Best Mobile Platform Innovation
Bravo’s Play Live Experience: Bravo & Emerging Media
Best Mobile Ad Network
AdColony: Instant-Play HD Mobile Video Ad Network: AdColony
Showreel of the finalist – unfortunately, no similar showreel for the winners.
• Informa: 126 million 4G subscribers worldwide. USA, Japan and South Korea lead
• Meet UCWeb, the Chinese mobile browser with 400 million mobile users
• Berg Insight: 64 million wearable technology devices by 2017
• Essential top tips to improving mobile site SEO
• What is the future of mobile? Q&A with Tomi Ahonen
• How knowing the device, carrier and connection helps marketers
• The insiders’ guide to mobile app promotion: top tips
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • Latest: Germany
• Guide to mobile industry awards • Check out the video case studies.
• Guide to mobile agencies • Latest profile: XS2
• Guide to mobile ad networks • Latest profiles: DMG • Twinpine
• Mobile events 2013 • best conferences, great discounts and free tickets •
• The big compendium of global mobile stats