In this interview Jia Zheng, associate strategist, AKQA answers the following questions:
0:15 Tell us about your research into mobile use in China and the US?
0:45 What challenges and opportunities do mobile marketers face in China?
2:05 What characteristics make the Chinese mobile market unique?
2:95 How do Chinese people use mobile phones differently to westerners?
There are ten video interviews in the North America mobile experts series:
• Using mobile to tap into millions of concert-goers – Russell Wallach, Live Nation Network
• Your customers are mobile, are you? Mike Yonker, Rockfish
• Weather Channel’s guide to targeted mobile advertising – Scott Jensen, Weather Channel
• Meeting the needs of mobile customers with mobile Web/HTML5 – Stephen Gates, Starwood Hotels
• What should brands develop first – mobile Web or mobile app? Chet Fenster, MEC Entertainment
• How device detection helps Smart AdServer target ads at mobile devices – Sandrine Cardi, Smart AdServer
• The dos and don’ts of mobile marketing to minority groups – Professor Neal Burns, University of Texas
• Fostering shopper loyalty with mobile retail – Matt Martin, Sam’s Club
• Insights into mobile advertising from a mobile ad exchange – John Phenix, Nexage
For the European perspective see the European mobile experts series
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security.
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote and paraphrase mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole piece without permission will not be tolerated.