15 percent of Google searches are now conducted on a mobile device. Mobile Web is like a drive-up sales window – if you aren’t there when people come by on their mobile device, you won’t be doing business, you won’t be connecting with fans, you won’t be meeting whatever goals you want to achieve, points out Mike Yonker, vice president of mobile, Rockfish.
Up-and-coming digital agency Rockfish was acquired by WPP in August 2011. It was OMMA’s Agency of the Year 2010 and is on Ad Age’s Agency A-List.
In this interview Mike Yonker, vice president of mobile, Rockfish, answers the following questions:
0:15 Why is it essential that brands have a mobile strategy?
1:00 Why is mobile Web an essential part of a long-term mobile strategy?
2:00 What should brands do first – mobile site or mobile app?
2:50 Why are mobile phones and tablets different to PCs?
3:40 Why should Websites distinguish between different visitor devices?
4:30 How else can analytics help to tailor the Web experience for mobile visitors?
There are ten video interviews in the North America mobile experts series:
• Meeting the needs of mobile customers with mobile Web/HTML5 – Stephen Gates, Starwood Hotels
• What should brands develop first – mobile Web or mobile app? Chet Fenster, MEC Entertainment
• Fostering shopper loyalty with mobile retail – Matt Martin, Sam’s Club
• The dos and don’ts of mobile marketing to minority groups – Professor Neal Burns, University of Texas
• How device detection helps Smart AdServer target ads at mobile devices – Sandrine Cardi, Smart AdServer
• Weather Channel’s guide to targeted mobile advertising – Scott Jensen, Weather Channel
• What marketers need to know about mobile in China – Jia Zheng, AKQA
• Using mobile to tap into millions of concert-goers – Russell Wallach, Live Nation Network
• Insights into mobile advertising from a mobile ad exchange – John Phenix, Nexage
For the European perspective see the European mobile experts series
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to mobile device security.
• The insider’s guide to device detection
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats
© mobiThinking. Feel free to reference, quote and paraphrase mobiThinking articles, clearly stating and linking to mobiThinking as the source, but reprinting or republishing the whole piece without permission will not be tolerated.