Adfonic uses dotMobi’s DeviceAtlas to detect what device each and every customer is using on its mobile ad network. This enables Adfonic to target relevant ads to thousands of different handsets each second.
In this interview, Wes Biggs, co-founder and CTO, Adfonic and Eileen O’Sullivan, CFO and COO, dotMobi answer the following questions:
0.55 What’s happening in mobile advertising in Europe?
1.31 What exactly is a mobile advertising network?
2.19 Why is device detection so important to Adfonic?
3.24 So how fast is DeviceAtlas?
3.58 Why must device-types be detected at split-second speed?
4.20 Why is speedy device detection so important to Adfonic?
5.17 How does knowing a visitor’s handset help advertisers target key consumer groups?
6.20 How do you see mobile advertising evolving over the next few years?
N.B. dotMobi is mobiThinking’s parent company.
There are nine video interviews in this series:
• How mobile Web should fit into your digital strategy – ILICCO ELIA, head of mobile, LBi
• Autotrader: lessons from a decade on the mobile Web – Amy Gale, Autotrader Mobile
• Five top tips for a great mobile Website – Phillip Clement, Bemoko
• Why HTML5 changes everything – Dimitrios Kontarinis, VP of innovation, Velti
• Mobile’s role in the advertising world – Russ Lidstone, CEO, Euro RSCG
• DeviceAtlas powers device detection on the Adfonic mobile ad network – Wes Biggs, Adfonic; Eileen O’Sullivan, dotMobi
• Want to engage young people? Think mobile Web – Christian Louca, YOC
• What is mobile government or m-government? – Nick Jones, head of digital, PM’s Office and COI
• What is a mobile affiliate network? – Vianney Settini, MobPartner
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking news, guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• What makes EMEA the world’s most exciting mobile market? Interview with Paul Berney, MD, MMA EMEA
• Compelling content: tips for making useful, sticky mobile Web sites and apps (part 1)
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to device detection: give your Website visitors the site they deserve
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • Latest country guide: Brazil
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats