Nick Jones, head of digital, UK Prime Minister’s Office and Cabinet Office and director of interactive services, COI, answers the following questions in this interview:
0.04 What is mobile government or m-government?
0.18 Why is it important for the government to engage with citizens via mobile?
0.40 Why is mobile Web an important part of m-government?
0.56 What examples are there of m-government in action today?
1.26 What should we expect in terms of m-government over the next few years?
1.47 What are your tips for best practice in m-government?
2.23 What are the pitfalls of m-government?
There are nine video interviews in this series:
• How mobile Web should fit into your digital strategy – ILICCO ELIA, head of mobile, LBi
• Autotrader: lessons from a decade on the mobile Web – Amy Gale, Autotrader Mobile
• Five top tips for a great mobile Website – Phillip Clement, Bemoko
• Why HTML5 changes everything – Dimitrios Kontarinis, VP of innovation, Velti
• Mobile’s role in the advertising world – Russ Lidstone, CEO, Euro RSCG
• Device Atlas powers device detection on the Adfonic mobile ad network – Wes Biggs, Adfonic; Eileen O’Sullivan, dotMobi
• Want to engage young people? Think mobile Web – Christian Louca, YOC
• What is mobile government or m-government? – Nick Jones, head of digital, PM’s Office and COI
• What is a mobile affiliate network? – Vianney Settini, MobPartner
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking news, guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• What makes EMEA the world’s most exciting mobile market? Interview with Paul Berney, MD, MMA EMEA
• Compelling content: tips for making useful, sticky mobile Web sites and apps (part 1)
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to device detection: give your Website visitors the site they deserve
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • Latest country guide: Brazil
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats