In July 2011, Ilicco Elia, was appointed head of mobile at LBi. Formerly the global head of mobile Thomson Reuters, Elia, is the first person to hold this position at LBi. With 1,800 digital specialists in 16 countries, LBi claims to be the world’s biggest independent digital agency network.
In this interview, Ilicco Elia answers the questions that are central to your mobile strategy:
0:09 Why is it essential that brands have a mobile strategy?
0:39 Why is a mobile site an essential part of a long-term mobile strategy?
1:13 What should we do first mobile site or mobile app?
2:14 How should mobile fit into my existing media/communications strategy?
3:38 What are your tips for promoting a mobile site to customers?
5:08 What are your tips for converting mobile visitors into customers?
There are nine video interviews in this series:
• How mobile Web should fit into your digital strategy – ILICCO ELIA, head of mobile, LBi
• Autotrader: lessons from a decade on the mobile Web – Amy Gale, Autotrader Mobile
• Five top tips for a great mobile Website – Phillip Clement, Bemoko
• Why HTML5 changes everything – Dimitrios Kontarinis, VP of innovation, Velti
• Mobile’s role in the advertising world – Russ Lidstone, CEO, Euro RSCG
• Device Atlas powers device detection on the Adfonic mobile ad network – Wes Biggs, Adfonic; Eileen O’Sullivan, dotMobi
• Want to engage young people? Think mobile Web – Christian Louca, YOC
• What is mobile government or m-government? – Nick Jones, head of digital, PM’s Office and COI
• What is a mobile affiliate network? – Vianney Settini, MobPartner
• Be the first to know about mobiThinking news, guides, competitions etc… follow mobiThinking on Twitter: @mobithinking.
And don’t miss:
• What makes EMEA the world’s most exciting mobile market? Interview with Paul Berney, MD, MMA EMEA
• Compelling content: tips for making useful, sticky mobile Web sites and apps (part 1)
• The mobile city project – the blueprint of a truly mobilized city
• The insider’s guide to device detection: give your Website visitors the site they deserve
• The insiders’ guides to world’s greatest mobile markets • Latest country guide: Brazil
• Guide to mobile ad networks
• Guide to mobile agencies
• Guide to mobile industry awards
• The big compendium of global mobile stats